Do You Know The Reasons Why So Many People From New York Are Moving To Florida?
Due to its sunny weather and also the presence of so many beaches, Florida has always been a tourist destination. Not only that but also it is attracting many New Yorkers too and many are planning to relocate to this state. Certainly, the reasons are not the only climate of this place, but quite a few other reasons too.
We shall dwell upon various reasons for people moving to this state in this article, but before that, we will tell you a few historical facts about Florida.
- In 1513, a Spanish surveyor called Juan Ponce de Leon led the first European expedition to this place and named it to complement the Easter festivity of Spain called “Pascua Florida”.
- During the first half of the 1800s, the war was waged by the US crowd with the Native American residents of this region.
- In 1845, Florida was connected as the 27th state of the USA as this Sunshine State was recognized due to its balmy climate and also natural loveliness.
- During the late 19th century, residents of various Northern states started flocking to Florida to escape from harsh winters.
- In the 20th century, Florida became an attractive destination for all leading industries and also catch the attention of visitors in large numbers every year.
Since the route to Florida remains too busy during most of the year, so if you want to ship a car from New York to Florida then you must preferably prefer a service from Ship a Car, Inc. as this is the only company in the USA which is well connected to the entire network of car transporters.
Let us try to know about a few reasons why people of New York are so much interested to move to Florida, besides the climates of this place.
- Florida residents need not pay any income tax
- Present tax laws favor this state
- The cost of living in Florida is almost 50% of New York
- No capital gain tax for Florida residents
- No estate tax
- Easier bankruptcy laws
- The rapid growth of Florida
- Lifestyle and weather
Few tips for moving from NYC to Florida
Since you are moving to an unfamiliar state and hence following tips can be very useful to you.
- While packing all your stuff for your new life, try to make room for your future. Do not pack all your winter dresses and better you sell or donate them.
- Prefer to move during the summer rather than the winter. In this way, you will be able to avoid the “snowbirds” which is a local pet term used by the people from the north who prefer to spend their winters in a certain warmer climate.
- Moving vehicles will not need special parking permits.
- Do not consume all your good food and beverages at once in your new state. Though, if you like to try, then go for fresh seafood and a few local craft beers.
- Try to find a reputed moving company, who has got a good experience in cross country moving.